Case sensitivity/insensitivity

Brendan Hahn bhahn at spam-spam.g0-away.com
Mon May 22 15:32:48 EDT 2000

Bjorn Pettersen <bjorn at roguewave.com> wrote:
 [regarding AppleScript]
>But all those English keywords must be very confusing to people who do
>not speak the language... I suggest we implement a global dictionary
>that maps the language specific keyword names (or phrases, not all words
>have a one-to-one mapping) to their canonical form...

AppleScript does this, in fact--it distinguishes "language", syntax and
semantics, from "dialect", the text representation of your keywords and
such.  You can plug in English, Norwegian, etc.  I don't know if the spec
for creating a dialect is public, though...they may come only from Apple.

bhahn at transoft.mmangle.net   <-- unmangle address to reply