Wrapping C++ under windows

Michel Sanner sanner at scripps.edu
Fri May 26 00:12:56 EDT 2000

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your answer on "Wrapping C++ under windows32".
I bought your book and found the answer in there. I was mixing the release
version of Python with debug versions of my extensions. I have no idea about
the _d convention and event less about the fact that Windows uses diffent
Runtime Libraries for Debug and Release !

Should have gotten that book a week ago :) .. it already paid for itself !

This also explains the very unpredictable behaviours I have witnessed for other
extensions I wrapped: it would work on my PC at home under NT (just luck I
guess) and dump core on the window89 machine at work .. etc !

anyways, finding out about this makes me feel much better about windows in
general. I was really worried that I could not build stable modules under that
OS.

Thanks a lot

-Michel

Michel F. Sanner Ph.D.                   The Scripps Research Institute
Assistant Professor			Department of Molecular Biology
					  10550 North Torrey Pines Road
Tel. (858) 784-2341				     La Jolla, CA 92037
Fax. (858) 784-2860
sanner at scripps.edu                        http://www.scripps.edu/sanner