Url Handler

jsolbrig at my-deja.com jsolbrig at my-deja.com
Wed May 10 23:26:49 EDT 2000

I would like to connect a web browser to a python application
generating html on the client side. I want this to be cross-platform
compatible (windows, mac and unix).

I could set-up a locally running copy of apache and have the browser go
to /lcoalhost/cgi-bin/ to talk to the cgi application. But this is
hellishly slow on windows (pyapache does not seem to speed the windows
version in the slightest).

Is there a faster way?
Ideally, I'd like to create a client-side "url handler" that could pipe
data directly to the browser. Statements like myhttpmine://XX/YY would
cause an application to pipe text directly directly to the browser.
But any solution that pipes text reasonably quickly under the various
oses would be good. Would cgiHTTPlib have a faster inface? And is there
a way to make it only serve to the same machine that it is running on?
(I suppose MS personal web server or something awful like that might be
worth asking about also).

Thanks A Lot In Advance
Joe Solbrig

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/