HTMLParser tag contents

Aahz Maruch aahz at netcom.com
Mon May 8 16:12:41 EDT 2000

In article <3913CBAA.64BB at seebelow.org>,
Grant Griffin  <g2 at seebelow.org> wrote:

>I've been trying to figure out how to use HTMLParser.  My immediate need
>is to extract the entire <BODY> of a file.  (I could do that with 're',
>but I'm trying to learn HTMLParser.)  Sure, HTMLParser will returns a
>tag's _attributes_, but I can't figure out how to get to the tag's
>_contents_.  Can it do that?

Take a look at the handle_data() method.
--
                      --- Aahz (Copyright 2000 by aahz at netcom.com)

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6

"It's not because my mind is made up that I don't want you to confuse me
with any more facts.  It's because my mind isn't made up.  I already have
more facts than I can cope with.  So SHUT UP, do you hear me?  SHUT UP!"
_The Shockwave Rider_, 1975