case sensitivity and XML

Greg Ewing greg at cosc.canterbury.ac.nz
Tue May 23 22:39:44 EDT 2000

Fredrik Lundh wrote:

> so why not enforce these rules, just like we're enforcing the
> indentation rules:
>
>     >>> class foo:
>     SyntaxError: Class name should be Foo

There are some precedents for this. Smalltalk requires
global variable names to start with a capital. HUGS
distinguishes type names from other names by whether
they start with a capital. Some Eiffel compilers chide
you if you don't spell class names in ALLUPPERCASE and
other names in alllowercase.

--
Greg Ewing, Computer Science Dept,