Case-sensitivity: why -- or why not? (was Re: Damnation!)

Martijn Faassen m.faassen at vet.uu.nl
Mon May 22 15:04:06 EDT 2000

neelk at cswcasa.com wrote:
[snip]
> I hope (but fear that I'm wrong) that the same is not true of the
> iteration protocol -- there's a critical need to be able to iterate
> over trees and linked-lists cleanly. This is IMO more significant
> than GC or even type-class unification, and it's the major reason I'm
> rooting for Stackless, since it permits Sather-style coroutine-based
> iterators to be implemented in Python.

I'd like to see something like that. For other inputs on this and
other things, I think the algorithms part of C++'s STL may be worth
investigating (keep the few neat bits, throw away the rest), and for
a really out there thing I've recently been playing a bit with the
language K (that is, I've read some of the manual), at www.kx.com
K's a bit in the style of APL (though I don't know APL). All I've been
doing is translating some of the operators to Python classes, but since
I can't think in K yet I haven't accomplished a lot. :)

Regards,

Martijn