Book missing from python line-up?

Ivan Van Laningham ivanlan at home.com
Thu May 25 11:34:20 EDT 2000

Hi All--

Brett g Porter wrote:

[bobbit]

> So, I'd rather see a book on "Object Oriented Design and Programming using
> Python" than a "Python book about Objects."

Indeed.  I think this could be one of the classic programming books of
all time, given the proper author and the proper perspective.

I've got _Thinking in Java_, and I understand Bruce is working on
_Thinking in Python_.  I wasn't that impressed with _TiJ_, but I suspect
that has a lot more to do with Java and what it can/can't do than the
authorial talent.  Has anyone heard when _TiP_ might be available?

<expand-that-bookshelf>-ly y'rs,
Ivan
Ivan Van Laningham
Axent Technologies, Inc.
http://www.pauahtun.org
Army Signal Corps:  Cu Chi, Class of '70
Author:  Teach Yourself Python in 24 Hours