Timeout using tkinter?

Fredrik Lundh effbot at telia.com
Wed May 31 16:45:10 EDT 2000

Tim Rowe wrote:
> > Using Python & tkinter, is it possible to build a (platform
> > independent) time-out on a user response?
>
> Does the silence mean "No"?

not necessarily -- it might be that case sensitivity and join
operator discussions have slightly higher priority ;-)

On the other hand, I'm not really sure what you're asking for.
What's a "user response" in this case?  A mouse click?  Data
entry in a dialogue box?

In either case, the "after" method is probably what you're
looking for.  More info here:

http://www.pythonware.com/library/tkinter/introduction/basic-widget-methods.htm
=> Alarm handlers and other non-event callbacks => after

</F>

<!-- (the eff-bot guide to) the standard python library:
-->