Tiny FTP server

Steven Adams sada7681 at mail.usyd.edu.au
Fri May 12 08:19:45 EDT 2000

Hi,

is there a VERY small ftp server module in python? I've (tried) looking at
Starship, and Parnassus, and everywhere else I could think of, but can't
find one.

Does anyone know of anything that comes close?

I really wanted to avoid having to deal with the sockets directly. Does this
sound feasable as an event sequence

client sends command length
client sends command.
if   (command is to download a file) :
                 client listens for file length
                 server sends length of file
                 client listens for file
                 server sends file
elif (client wants to upload a file):
                 server listens for file length
                 client sends file length
                 server listens for file
                 client sends file
close connection

 since I'm only sending data through a serial cable to another computer I
don't really need to worry about sending large packets.

any ideas? hints, tips?

thanks

Steven