Thank you Bill ... it was exactly what the doctor ordered!

rayleyva at my-deja.com rayleyva at my-deja.com
Tue May 9 20:09:59 EDT 2000

I had even gone so far as to try to use the odbc wrapper even though
that doesn't seem to be actively supported, and it's looks a little
more difficult to get a particular field.  Anyways ... thanks!  If ever
I can return the favor just let me know.  I'm going to be a regular
troller of this group so I can help, and get help ;D

Ray

In article <8z0S4.16870$L3.132746 at typhoon.midsouth.rr.com>,
  "Bill Wilkinson" <bwilk_97 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> hmm  I am not quite smart enough to know why it is not printing
anything..
> But I do know that if that field is a date time field, you will get a
PyTime
> object when you retrieve its value from the database..  Luckily the
PyTime
> object comes with a Format() function that returns a string... Below,
t is a
> Date/Time value I have retrieved from an Access table.

> <PyTime:12/30/99 11:34:00 PM>
> <type 'time'>
> '12/30/0/ 23:34:00'
> The value of t is 12/30/0/ 23:34:00 .
>
> <rayleyva at my-deja.com> wrote in message news:8f9jr7$kk1
$1 at nnrp1.deja.com...
> | After much reading I've chosen to use the win32com access method to
get
> | to my Access97 data.  It's working great except when I try to print
out
> | a field that contains date information ... here's some code
snippets.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.