Case-sensitivity: why -- or why not? (was Re: Damnation!)

richard_chamberlain richard_chamberlain at ntlworld.com
Sun May 21 08:30:22 EDT 2000

To repeat what lots of people have already said the difficulties with case
should be solved with an IDE not with altering the language.

You'll notice that a url is case sensitive and urls are bandied about as
currency so in my opinion I think the population can generally handle case.

>>This is something Windows and Macintosh do right -
>>removing a cause of error for no real limitation in functionality.

I come from a Macintosh / Windows background but I think the amount of
messages this has created demonstrates that 'no real limitation in
functionality' isn't totally true.

Richard
news:v_NV4.2148$sW4.12967 at news-server.bigpond.net.au...