Copyright and License

Aahz Maruch aahz at netcom.com
Fri May 5 10:36:32 EDT 2000

In article <CcAQ4.12009$v85.79543 at news-server.bigpond.net.au>,
Mark Hammond <mhammond at skippinet.com.au> wrote:

>[And a question I dont want to raise - what really does this "copyright"
>mean, in the open source world?  It appears we are saying "we assert
>copyright, but never intend actually enforcing it".  The words of the
>tim-bot still echo (paraphrased) - "if possible, put it in the public
>domain" :-)  As I said, I dont want to raise it :-]

The primary purpose is to prevent someone else from asserting copyright.
--
                      --- Aahz (Copyright 2000 by aahz at netcom.com)

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6

"It's not because my mind is made up that I don't want you to confuse me
with any more facts.  It's because my mind isn't made up.  I already have
more facts than I can cope with.  So SHUT UP, do you hear me?  SHUT UP!"
_The Shockwave Rider_, 1975