vim.py

Benyang Tang btang at pacific.jpl.nasa.gov
Mon May 22 19:32:10 EDT 2000

Thanks for all the help.

I was looking for the python module file vim.py. But later I found
out that the file vim.py does not exist and it is not needed.
When in vim, typing ":py import vim" just works.

Now I have another question. When I got a compiled vim, and I typed ":syntax on", I got this message:
Can't open file /igd/a4/software/vim/share/vim/syntax/syntax.vim

My computer does not have a directory /igd, so obviously it is from the computer where vim was compiled. How do I change the directory where vim looks for syntax files?