Stackless/microthreads merge news

Darrell Gallion darrell at dorb.com
Wed May 17 00:54:08 EDT 2000

Here's some other things you might want to save other than the data stack.
Program counter
Return stack and return stack pointer
Word pointer

I think Forth implements multitasking by swapping these out.
Save all this stuff in the dictionary.
Then you restore a copy and bam, your time machine kicks in.

--Darrell Gallion

Christian Tismer