Extracting DB schemas/table definitions from ODBC database

Aahz Maruch aahz at netcom.com
Thu May 4 09:50:45 EDT 2000

In article <TdfQ4.11202$v85.73530 at news-server.bigpond.net.au>,
Huy Do <huy at nsw.bigpond.net.au> wrote:

>I am trying to extract the database schema(table definitions/structure)
>i.e table names, field names, field data types etc. from an ODBC
>database (eg. sql server) using mxODBC and iODBC. I am developing on a
>Linux box and the database server is an NT box (inconsequential).

You need to use the system catalog.  Look up INFORMATION_SCHEMA.
--
                      --- Aahz (Copyright 2000 by aahz at netcom.com)

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6

"Laws that restrict speech are an abomination for a simple reason.
They're like a poison gas; they seem to be a good weapon to vanquish
your enemy, but the wind has a way of shifting."  -- Ira Glasser