Checksum routine - new to Python

Peter Schneider-Kamp petersc at stud.ntnu.no
Sat May 20 03:03:26 EDT 2000

Guido van Rossum wrote:

> Note that this is the same crc32 algorithm as the one in zlib!  (Dunno
> about which is faster, but I wouldn't be surprised if they both derive
> from the same code as well.)

Excuse me, but how can you be sure it is the same algorithm?
As far as I can read the sources to zlibmodule.c it uses the
function crc32 defined in zlib.h of the underlying platform.

Now I would almost dare to bet that any sane system uses the
standard algorithm in its zlib, but who can tell?

gotten-careful-about-inheriting-from-platform-behaviour-ly y'rs

P.S.: Just being curious: Is there a problem with my arraymodule
      patches for index,count,remove and pop?
--
Peter Schneider-Kamp          ++47-7388-7331
Herman Krags veg 51-11        mailto:peter at schneider-kamp.de
N-7050 Trondheim              http://schneider-kamp.de