Python Short Course Report and Lecture Two

Richard P. Muller rpm at wag.caltech.edu
Wed May 10 12:24:37 EDT 2000

The first lecture in my Python Short Course went very well. I spoke to a
standing-room-only crowd! I would like to thank all of the helpful
people who responded with suggestions.

The second lecture is on Numerical Python. I'm covering the Numeric and
LinearAlgebra modules, with a focus on quantum mechanics applications,
since that's what I do. The slides are available at
http://www.wag.caltech.edu/home/rpm/python_course (html, pdf, and ppt
formats) in case anyone wants to use them in a similar course. I would
again welcome any suggestions anyone has on how to make the course
better.

Rick
--
Richard P. Muller, Ph.D.