No 1.6! (was Re: A REALLY COOL PYTHON FEATURE:)

Martijn Faassen m.faassen at vet.uu.nl
Thu May 18 13:45:48 EDT 2000

Fredrik Lundh <effbot at telia.com> wrote:
> Martijn Faassen <m.faassen at vet.uu.nl> wrote:
>> That doesn't help us one bit if it's true what an earlier poster said and
>> the 'string' module is deprecated.

> who said that?

Some poster in this thread; I forget who it was. :)

> there's lots of stuff in the string module that you cannot
> get at via the string methods.

> *strop* is deprecated (but still there in 1.6a2), but I don't
> think we'll get rid of string that easy...

Ah, right. Then I was misinformed. In that case ' '.join() is still
a minor weirdness, and we may want to rename the 'join' method to something
slightly more readable, but if the documentation recommends use of
string.join() then there shouldn't be large problems.

Thanks,

Martijn