Future of the Python Linux Distribution

Martijn Faassen m.faassen at vet.uu.nl
Fri May 12 15:27:11 EDT 2000

andrich at my-deja.com wrote:
> well I don't know what the problem of some people is. But go and get a
> dictionary. Search for rhetoric and then reread my message. At least my
> Oxford and my Webster provide the valid explanation of this word.

> If we could leave this stuff out and discuss the topic, I would be more
> then happy.

Hey, this _is_ the Python newsgroup. We do go off on tangents here,
answer rethoric questions and then question the answers. I already
wondered why this thread was seeing so much posts, concluded someone
must've gone off on some interesting tanget somewhere, and started
contributing. :)

Sorry, though, if that upset you! The original questions should
indeed be discussed. I myself used your Linux distribution for a while
when the then-current version of Red Hat packed 1.5.1 and not 1.5.2
(or was it 1.4? I forget. I do recall using your stuff once, though).

Currently it seems Python has sufficient moment that most distributors
include the most up to date version, so it may become less necessary
these days, as you say. Thanks for the great job though, and good
luck with Perl!

Regards,

Martijn