CGI File Size Limit?

ben at co.and.co ben at co.and.co
Tue May 2 12:31:32 EDT 2000

Ed <elb at cfdrc.com> wrote:
> I wrote a simple test program to verify that, on the command line, I do
> indeed need the -u flag to read binary data from stdin.  Funny,
> though....now the server barfs on TEXT files, too, using
> "#!/Software/Python/python.exe -u".  Before, without the -u, it processed
> both text and binary files...it just didn't read the binary data correctly.
> Now it doesn't upload even text files....(gives the error I showed in the

Such are the joys of an OS that mocks with the content of files,
depending on the way you look at it.
(And now, people are asking for Python to do the same thing (Scan for
BOM and Unicode in "BOM should be ignored..."))

Greetings,
--
ben . de . rydt at pandora . be ------------------ your comments
http://users.pandora.be/bdr/ ------- inl. IPv6, Linux en Pandora