CGI File Size Limit?

Lyle Johnson jlj at cfdrc.com
Tue May 2 10:00:03 EDT 2000

Ed,

Don't know if this is the answer or not, but doing a search for "cgi" on
the Python FAQ (http://www.python.org/search/search_faq.html) yielded
this hit:

7.12. cgi.py (or other CGI programming) doesn't work sometimes on NT or
win95!

Be sure you have the latest python.exe, that you are using python.exe
rather than a GUI version of python and that you have configured the
server to execute

     "...\python.exe -u ..."

for the cgi execution. The -u (unbuffered) option on NT and win95
prevents the interpreter from altering newlines in the standard input
and output. Without it post/multipart requests will seem to have the
wrong length and binary (eg, GIF) responses may get garbled (resulting
in, eg, a "broken image").

Hope this helps,

Lyle