How to display images? - Repost

David Lees debl.nospamm at world.std.com
Tue May 16 11:56:18 EDT 2000

I posted this question on Saturday (4 days ago) and did not see an
answer.  I have seen similar questions posted by others, but not
answers.

How does one display images in Python.  I am using Python 1.5.2 and PIL
running under Win95 and am able to read, write and rotate images to the
disk without any problem.  tkinter is installed. However, when I use the
.show method it does not seem to work.

I do not get any errors,something flashes (does not look like an image
though) and then I am back at the command prompt.  The command is

im.show()

or

im.rotate(45).show()

I even wrote the results of a rotate out from Python and looked at it
with an external viewer.  I would like to view directly in Python.

Thanks in advance.

David Lees