Installing numpy

Duncan Smith buzzard at contactbox.co.uk
Thu May 4 15:24:47 EDT 2000

Thanks for responding to my posting.  I still can't get it set up properly.
I've tried the zip and the tar.gz.  I unzip them to my python directory and
get a subdirectory (Numerical-15.2) with 5 subdirectories (Demo, Include,
Lib, Src and Test).  No .pth file anywhere.  I run the script 'setup.py
install' and get nowhere.  A computer scientist friend of mine has tried as
well and has not figured it out yet.  I think he's going to have a go at
editing the script to get it to work, but other people seem to install it
O.K. so there must be another way.  I need numpy desparately for handling
some Bayesian Belief Network stuff.  I'm not a computer scientist and
haven't got enough time to figure out how to implement it in C.  Thanks
again.