Objective-C + Python...?

Chuck Esterbrook echuck at mindspring.com
Fri May 19 16:40:53 EDT 2000

Ian Mondragon wrote:

> Andrew Kuchling wrote:
>
> > There was an Objective C SIG; see
> > http://www.python.org/sigs/objc-sig/.  Unfortunately, the links to
> > actual code seem to have rotted.  Anyone on the newsgroup still have
> > copies of the objc module?
> >
> > --amk
>
> thanks for responding.  i actually found the sig later on that night &
> successfully downloaded the last version from the archives (ver. 0.55).
> if you want to get your hands on it, you can get ahold of it here:
>
>         ftp://ftp.codefab.com/pub/incoming/PyObjC-0.55.tar.gz
>
> i know i'm going to be hacking (read: kludging) away at it. }-)
>
> --
> __END__
>
> Ian Mondragon   ==  copal at cifnet.com
>
>        $bigBoys->use(BSD);

Ian,

I too was a big NeXTer before moving to Python. There was a product for NeXTstep that allowed various scripting languages including Python and others to interoperate with Obj-C seamlessly. You could even pull up a scripting terminal inside your app and start poking away.

I couldn't remember the name, but a search for 'Python' on http://www.stepwise.com gave it up: Objective-Everything. I never used it, but a highly regarded colleague of mine did and he liked it a lot.

Here's a PR:

http://www.stepwise.com/PR/Nov/TipTop_971124.html

And here's the company: