Help! SMTPlib

Thomas Wouters thomas at xs4all.net
Fri May 26 19:14:48 EDT 2000

On Fri, May 26, 2000 at 10:24:19PM +0000, sjoshi at ingr.com wrote:

>  I'm trying to use the smtplib for sending mail, and I keep getting
> error: (10061, 'winsock error') when I try just to connect to the
> localhost.

I can't help you much with that winsock error, not really being a windows
man and all, but have you tried connecting yourself, through windows telnet?
Just do start -> run -> 'telnet <localhost> 25', using the same localhost
you are using in smtplib ? Are you sure you are running a SMTP server, on
port 25 ?

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas at xs4all.net>