request: web site copy utility

robin.illusionsescalation at ACM.org robin.illusionsescalation at ACM.org
Sun May 28 21:14:54 EDT 2000

I realize this must be a common request, but I can't find the answer
anywhere (Deja, Parnassus, Grimoire...). So before I cook my own...

I'm looking for a Python script to download an entire web site. That
is, given an URL, it will mirror the tree of files that exists at (and
below) the URL on a local drive. Links to "outside" sites should be
skipped. All images, backgrounds, CSS & JS files should be grabbed.

-----
robin                               robin.illusionsescalation at ACM.org
media artist / information architect   www.execulink.com/~robin/

The form of e-coli bacteria that causes geomagnetic storms on earth.

(remove illusions to reply)