Using Fnorb with JPython & Orbix

Anthony J Wilkinson anthony at dstc.edu.au
Wed May 3 20:37:35 EDT 2000

On Wed, 3 May 2000, Gary D. Duzan wrote:

>    I don't believe this combination will work for you. Last I checked,
> Fnorb's IDL parser and GIOP engine were implemented as C extension
> modules, which JPython isn't going to like. If you can use CPython,
> that should be fine. Or you could try making calls out to Java stubs
> generated by Orbix (or some other Java ORB) from JPython.

The cdr extension module is required to use Fnorb. Even if you get the stubs
generated in CPython by fnidl or java with some other ORB you won't be able to
use Fnorb from JPython.

We will look into using JNI to enable this if there is demand for it.

Regards,
Anthony
Anthony J Wilkinson                               anthony at dstc.edu.au
Software Engineer                                http://www.fnorb.com
DSTC Pty Ltd                                     Ph:  +61 7 3365 4310