CRAZY: First class namespaces

Christian Tismer tismer at tismer.com
Mon May 29 05:26:37 EDT 2000

Amit Patel wrote:

>  Amit Patel <amitp at Xenon.Stanford.EDU> wrote:
> |
> | Actually what I'm envisioning is that the __parent__ is not the
> | caller, but the namespace of the function that defined the current
> | function:
> |

> Oops, sorry, I missed where you wanted dynamic scope.  I'd much rather
> have lexical / static scope, so that's what I had in mind when I wrote
> up the __parent__ thing.

Oh, I see. Well, with lexical scope, you will of course have
a problem with cycles.
I thought of dynamic scope since it appeared quite natural to
me, and I could implement it right now.

What would be better for the language, dynamic or lexical?
I really don't know, please tell me your thoughts.

ciao - chris