tkinter

dana_booth dana at oz.net
Tue May 16 21:29:35 EDT 2000

I do okay with Python, and I do okay with TCL/TK. Today, I begin a project
which will involve a gui interface, and something that I would naturally
have begun writing TCL code for.

The workstation that I use is Linux. (mandrake 6.0) I think, hey, I'll see
what I can do using tkinter. I re-compile Python to include the tkinter
module, and it makes fine, but when I make install, error says "libtk8.3.so:
shared object file not found". Permissions on  libtk8.3.so are 755, and it
resides in /usr/local/lib. I don't see anything wrong...

So anyway, I  never used tkinter today. :) But it bugs me that the module
won't install. Does anyone have an idea what the problem is?

--

-----
Dana Booth <dana at oz.net>

key at pgpkeys.mit.edu:11371