hungarian notation is evil (was Re: Do I always have to write "self." ?)

Michael Hudson mwh21 at cam.ac.uk
Wed May 17 16:36:49 EDT 2000

ge at nowhere.none (Grant Edwards) writes:

> In article <m3g0rwrgho.fsf at atrus.jesus.cam.ac.uk>, Michael Hudson wrote:
>
> >Noisily; it's been a while since I played with this kind of thing, but
> >hopefuly this will give you some idea:
>
> Oh   my   Gaawwd.
>
> That was amazingly perverse.

Glad to be of service :-).

> I've always disliked C++, and everyday I stumble across new
> reasons...

It was my first proper programming language (I learnt it when I was
about 17; I'd played with logo and basic on the Amstrad PCW when I was
12 or so, I guess), which may have something to do with my ability to
wring perversity even from Python...

I could cope with C++ if I was the only person on the earth allowed to
write in it, if you see what I mean.

Cheers,
M.

--
  The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit.
                                                -- W. Somerset Maugham