number base conversion? (ASCII to Hex)

chibaA at TinterlogD.Tcom chibaA at TinterlogD.Tcom
Thu May 11 18:16:12 EDT 2000

Alright... I'm still confused (probably because I'm not asking the
right question).  hex(word('1')) requires (I'm assuming) an
integer/character input - and word[1] provides a string.  So it won't
work.

Here's the root of what I'm trying to do (maybe it'll explain why I'm
trying to do this:

I'm creating a script which outputs a call to another python script
with arguments.  The second program reads in values in CGI format - so
I have to output all of the arguments in this fashion.  Maybe there's
a mod that already does this (CGI does not - that only goes the other
way).

kc