mxODBC -- InterfaceError: SQL type (code -9) not implemented

j vickroy jvickroy at sec.noaa.gov
Mon May 1 15:25:24 EDT 2000

Hello all,

I am using the mxODBC extension with Python 1.5.2 to interact with MS
SQL Server 7 on Win NT 4.0.

The following interactive session illustrates the problem:

>>> connection = ODBC .Windows .connect (dsn = 'my_dsn', user = 'me',
password = 'apwd')
>>> cursor = connection.cursor()
>>> cursor .execute ('select * from est')
>>> result = cursor .fetchone()
Traceback (innermost last):
InterfaceError: SQL type (code -9) not implemented

If I use the SQL Server Query tool, the above select statement returns a
result set.

Furthermore, if I instead, interactively, connect with a different SQL
Server database, the above session connect, execute select, fetchone
also works.

Any ideas about the cause of this (code -9) error would be appreciated.

Thanks for your time.