What's in a name?

Edward S. Vinyard vinyard at arlut.utexas.edu
Wed May 24 15:57:10 EDT 2000

On Wed, 24 May 2000, Thomas Thiele wrote:
>> 1. Remove a (potential) hurdle for new programmers.
>
>I really don't undersytand why case-sensitivity should be a hurdle?
>
>Is orthography a hurdle to learn reading and writing?

Case-sensitivity by itself is probably not a hurdle.  Learning to
recognize the (possibly implicit) convention a specific library, module,
or programmer uses to convey semantic information using case might be more
difficult, especially for someone who is not familiar with a language or
common conventions.

Ed