Zope/Python vs Java (was Re: Java vs Python)

Aahz Maruch aahz at netcom.com
Tue May 23 09:36:01 EDT 2000

In article <6CF9B63432CE9A85.0E3A00840099E02F.6C65D9105E8ECF8F at lp.airnews.net>,
Roman Milner  <roman at speeder.org> wrote:

>I think any major web project should consider Zope.  It has
>transformaed the way I think of web development.  FWIW, I work at a
>moderate sized telco and we do all of our web sites in Zope.

I really like the idea of Zope.  I'm less satisfied with the results
I've seen from using Zope.  Maybe we're just not as good as I think we
are, maybe we're using the wrong architecture to build apps in Zope, but
as far as we can tell, our big problem is in getting Zope to run
reliably as a front-end for database operations.  We haven't had much
luck getting help from Digital Creations, either, even though we've
offered money.
--
                      --- Aahz (Copyright 2000 by aahz at netcom.com)

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6

"Not everything in life has a clue in front of it...."  --JMS