Newbie Q: Win32, COM, Dispatch, Oracle OLE

Torgo Jr torgojr at my-deja.com
Thu May 4 07:44:45 EDT 2000

In article <al7Q4.10629$v85.70071 at news-server.bigpond.net.au>,
  "Mark Hammond" <mhammond at skippinet.com.au> wrote:
> > {'CreateDatabasePool': <function CreateDatabasePool at
> > 549c70>, 'GetDatabaseFromPool': <function GetDatabaseFromPool at
> > 54dfa0>}
>
> Good question.  You are correct in that it has seen it OK.
>
> My guess is that Oracle is giving us some bad information.
>
> There are 2 ways we can proceed:
>
> * Run makepy over the typelib, and mail me the relevent generated
> functions you show above.  Then I can tell you some magic to type in
that
> will confirm or deny my suspicions.
>
> or
> * Try using "dumb dispatch":
>
> And see you go...
>
> Mark.

DumbDispatch gives the same error.  I'll play around with makepy
later since messing around with Python is not a priority thing
for me (I already wrote what I was going to write in Python in
JScript).  Thanks again for the assistance.

--
"Did I mention I'm immense and immortal?"
Joel Robinson

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.