[ANNOUNCE] wxPROs

David invalid.address at 127.0.0.1
Fri May 5 17:57:55 EDT 2000

On Thu, 04 May 2000 14:01:08 -0700, "Russell E. Owen"
<owen at astroNOJNK.washington.edu.invalid> wrote:
>In article <39103702.9EBA14FE at eq.uc.pt>, Pedro Vale Lima
><eq3pvl at eq.uc.pt> wrote:
>>Thanks for all the work put into wxWindows. It's the __BEST__  python GUI
>>toolkit. I wish you all the fame and fortune.
>I am curious. Could you say more about why you feel it is better than,
>say, Tkinter? I'm just now trying to settle on a windowing toolkit and
>would like something easy to use, powerful and robust. I'm sure others
>are in the same boat.

I'll jump in and say that, for me, wxPython works the way I expect a GUI
API to work.

My experience of Tk is that it's more a slow accumulation of hodge-podge
than a carefully crafted API.  wxWindows was a clean start, and it shows.
To and for me, YMMV.

I also like the native GUI gadgets of wxPython.  It's distracting to not
have one's normal GUI being presented.  Things "don't look right" and
"don't feel right" in Tkinter.

IMHO, YMMV, etc.