Java vs Python

Cees de Groot cg at gaia.cdg.acriter.nl
Fri May 26 13:08:14 EDT 2000

Warren Postma <embed at geocities.com> said:
>I'd accept lower performance, use SOAP instead of COM+/MTS From what I've
>read and seen, Microsoft's MTS "object runtime environment" is extremely
>fast.  Writing COM components in Visual C++ can be a pain in the butt, but
>if all you really need is performance, and you don't need flexibility, it's
>definitely going to scale up nicely.

Up to a 4-way Xeon, that is. Not up as in "up to an Sun UE10000" or
"up to an IBM S80" or "up to an IBM S/390". That's the place where EJB's
come in handy, scaling from your Linux development box to that IBM Big Iron.

On the original question: if it's not about raw performance, I'd say take
a good hard look at Zope and take a good hard look at Enhydra.

--
Cees de Groot               http://www.cdegroot.com     <cg at cdegroot.com>
Forge your CipherSaber and list it: http://www.xs4all.nl/~cg/ciphersaber/