Python Win32 and DDE

Penfold spam at spam.com
Sun May 21 18:32:20 EDT 2000

Allo :-)

I am interested in using Python as a DDE server for providing information to
Excel formulae.  I can successfully get
Excel to request information from a server inside a formula

eg =pythonServer|SomeTopic!SomeData

Does anyone know how I can now, from within the server, notify excel that
the data has changed.  I am thinking
of the way, for example, that Excel will automatically update stock quotes
from a DDEServer like Reuters as they change.

Alternatively, is there any other alternative for "pushing" data to Excel
from within python (without python knowing the specific
cell address to publish info to, in which case its trivial).

Have a nice day!!
Des
dharland[removethisobviouscrap]ATtheglobe.com