other python ideas

Courageous jkraska1 at san.rr.com
Tue May 23 02:27:03 EDT 2000

> The programmer should be able to mark certain names as
> "not-for-export."  The `*' set would not export such names, though if the
> module user were to import the name specifically, that would override the
> "not-for-export" flag.  Actually, perhaps it would be simpler to
> automatically assume that anything not in the `interface' set is
> "not-for-export."

I'm not sure how much of an issue it is, really, but the
idea has merit on its surface: the notion that there is
somewhere betwixt manually importing a symbol at a time
and simply importing everything.

Of course I'm guessing you could probably fiat something
like that now with an instance of a module-level class
or some such.

C/