Timing out URLs

Aahz Maruch aahz at netcom.com
Thu May 25 10:15:07 EDT 2000

In article <EBrW4.9131$XW1.106576 at typhoon.hawaii.rr.com>,
Ty K. Kroll <tkroll at hawaii.edu> wrote:

>   Question: Is there any way to set a time-out interval when reading URLs.
>I use urlopen to fetch the pages, but some end up hanging when I hit a slow
>moving page. Is there any way to avoid this? Thanks. -Ty

I wrote a patch for httplib that provided a default timeout, but Guido
raised some questions about the correctness of it that I haven't had
time to resolve.  If anyone needs it, send me an e-mail; if I get more
than a couple of requests, I'll post it.
--
                      --- Aahz (Copyright 2000 by aahz at netcom.com)

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6

"Yes, but would you kick any of them out of bed?"
"That depends: do we have to do anything with them in the bed, or
are they just in the bed?" -- AM/SJM