[ANNOUNCE] Ransacker extendable search engine

Michal Wallace (sabren) sabren at manifestation.com
Wed May 3 08:44:39 EDT 2000

On Wed, 3 May 2000, Oleg Broytmann wrote:

> > Ransacker is a scriptable, incrementally-double-indexed search engine
> > written in python.
>
>    What about i18n/localization? Can it index non-American texts?

Um. I don't know... :)

It currently uses the anydbm module... if your dbm supports non-American
strings, it should work just fine.

The only test it makes is whether or not the key corresponding to the
page is a string.. I break the words down with a normal string.split()

I don't have python 1.6 installed, so I don't know how it'll react to
unicode...

Cheers,

- Michal