accesing socket at a lower level?

Z 3 Penguin z3penguin at penguinpowered.com
Wed May 17 19:38:04 EDT 2000

I am working on writing python code to access the AIM servers.  i have been
looking at what my code sends out, and using something like

from socket import +ACo-
s+AD0-socket(AF+AF8-INET,SOCK+AF8-STREAM)
s.send(whateverstring)

tacks on some extra bytes at the beggining.  this confuses the AIM servers.
Any ideas? (Note: I am not good with C and am against having to write this
in C)
-Penguin

-----
Z 3 Penguin
Antarctica
z3p+AEA-penguinpowered.com

+ACI-You make yourself tougher by whatever means you can, and then you strike by
suprise, you sneak up, you backstab, you blindside, you cheat, you lie, you
do whatever it takes to make sure that you come out on top.+ACI-
-Bean