Python aware editors (was: Re: syntax highlighting for Kedit)

Andrew M. Kuchling akuchlin at mems-exchange.org
Thu May 25 17:18:01 EDT 2000

Peter Schneider-Kamp <petersc at stud.ntnu.no> writes:
> Yeah, I know I am lazy and probably could look this up by myself, but is
> there a recent list of python aware editors?
>
> I know of nedit/vim/emacs/fte, but there are so many.

If you draw up a list, please let me know and I'll add them to the
Editor HOWTO (http://www.python.org/doc/howto/editor/).  The original
author of the HOWTO seems to have vanished; anyone want to take over
maintaining it?

Men of action, I notice, are rarely humble, even in situations where action of
any kind is a great mistake, and masterly inaction is called for.
  -- Robertson Davies, _The Table Talk of Samuel Marchbanks_