Submitted for your perusal...

Daley, MarkX markx.daley at intel.com
Tue May 2 14:02:37 EDT 2000

All,

Many thanks to those of you who have helped me to develop this little
script.  Find attached the first reasonably working copy of my data
collection routine.  There are a couple of points to make.

1) The try:/except: portion is pounded out because I am having difficulty
manipulating the servername list to append the current server name in the
event of a failed connection.  The idea is, if the connection is lost or
fails, the name is appended to the end of the list, to be repeated ad
infinitum until data is successfully retrieved.

2) I'm sure some of the coding techniques I'm using are cumbersome, but this
is my first attempt.  Please be patient, and any and all input is
appreciated.

3) Feel free to adapt this to your own uses.  I don't know how handy this
might be, but it has improved data retrieval in my workplace tremendously.

Thanks again.

- Mark