The REALLY bad thing about Python lists ..

Russell Wallace rwallace at esatclear.ie
Tue May 23 04:34:33 EDT 2000

Glyph Lefkowitz wrote:

> "Tim Peters" <tim_one at email.msn.com> writes:
> > ISO/ANSI C doesn't fully define what happens when (roughly) integer division
> > or % are handed negative numbers.
>
> The foibles of standards commitees will never cease to amuse me.
> Thank you for this little tidbit.

Don't blame the C committee, blame the CPU manufacturers.  C doesn't
define the result because CPUs aren't consistent about what result they
give.

(Under what circumstances would you want to use % on negative numbers?
I can't think of any.)

--
"To summarize the summary of the summary: people are a problem."
Russell Wallace
mailto:rwallace at esatclear.ie
http://www.esatclear.ie/~rwallace