Python sighting in the wild: Red Hat's Anaconda GUI installer

etoffi etoffi at softhome.net
Wed May 31 02:21:11 EDT 2000

As far as Linux installations go, the Caldera one is better, but still, I _am_
glad that Red Hat put theirs in Python.  It provides solid evidence that
everything doesn't have to written in C or Perl.

To expand on this, and to provide a little more substance to this post, I think
that more, if not a complete Linux (or BSD??) system should be written in
Python, at least the upper level parts, such a editors, package managers, etc.
What about games? PyMacs, anyone?

ps: i have a biased dislike towards lisp, and parentheses in general.

--
etoffi <etoffi at bigfoot.com>
Visit beef.com for free beef!!!