NEWBIE

Huaiyu Zhu hzhu at rocket.knowledgetrack.com
Mon May 15 15:43:02 EDT 2000

On Sun, 14 May 2000 18:58:55 GMT, Angela Campbell
<angela.campbell3 at sympatico.ca> wrote:

>Hello all you Python users,
>
>I am what you call a newbie or in my case some one who knows what varible,
>and other technical terms, but am still struggling at the programming part,
>
>But I need more info, but keep in mind I am fusy, in other words, no buying
>books! I much prefer on-line manuals (cheap) anyway help needed and I hope
>someone could e-mail me a tutorial, preferably NOT HOW TO USE IT AS A BLOODY
>CALC. I do know that much.

The pages of "Instant Python" (http://www.idi.ntnu.no/~mlh/python/instant.html)
are really great.  It teaches the language in a few hours.
It touches upon data structures, flow controls, functions, classes, objects,
files, exceptions, modules and more, all with readable and do-as-you-learn
examples.

After that the online tutorial on www.python.org makes a lot sense.

After that you might go for the online module library reference.

Enjoy!

Huaiyu Zhu                               hzhu at knowledgetrack.com