The REALLY bad thing about Python lists ..

Martijn Faassen m.faassen at vet.uu.nl
Thu May 18 13:56:20 EDT 2000

Grant Griffin <g2 at seebelow.org> wrote:
> And, yes, I can even use WinZip.  (BTW, why to you Unix people
> separate your packager gizmo from your compression gizmo?  Very
> strange...)

May be strange, but it allowed us to switch from .tar.Z files to
.tar.gz files and now perhaps slowly to .tar.bz2 files without having
to do anything to 'tar'. And 'tar' has various other uses as well.
So does compression; you can for instance compress the output of
some program or other convoluted stuff. :)

unix-is-strange-but-true-ly yours,

Martijn