What's in a name? Case-Enforcers to the rescue!

Shae Erisson shapr at uab.edu
Thu May 25 10:18:45 EDT 2000

"Edward S. Vinyard" wrote:

> For example, forcing the first letter of class names to be capitalized
> makes it visually clear which names are classes.  I enjoy Python's lack of
> block delimiters and I think I would enjoy the lack of implicitness here,
> too.

Someone said that earlier that the VB IDE recases typed in name to fit
the declared variables... you could move that into the interpreter
itself.

This idea looks quite interesting... I could really go for
'case-enforced' Python.

I think newbies would have a much easier time with standardized case
that contains explicitly defined information.

thoughts:
instance vars always upper case, classes always lower case, instances
always first letter caps.... hm, I dunno about that.

For seriously unconvential measures you could always declare the type of
something by case :)

sneaking-up-on-visual-programming-ly y'rs
--
sHae mAtijs eRisson (sHae at wEbwitchEs.coM) gEnius On fIre