Wrapping C++ under windows

Michel Sanner sanner at scripps.edu
Fri May 19 14:38:49 EDT 2000

Hello,

I have wrapped a C++ library that contains some static global objects with
constructors and I am trying to build a .pyd file under Window98 using Visual
Studio 6.0.

The shared library I get dumps the core when it is used and I suspect that this
happens because the constructor of these shared objects is not called when the
shared object is loaded.

In the unix world (IRIX and linux) it works fine.
If I link The windows library against a C++ main under windows it works fine
too.

So my first question is: has the windows Python1.5.2 binary I got from Mark
hammond's download site been compiled and linked using a C++ compiler ?

I am also wondering what type of DLL project I should use in VS6.0 ? I usually
use and "empty DLL" for Python extension. Might this be the problem ?

Do I have to explicitly write a explicite DllMain ?

Thanks for any help

-Michel

Michel F. Sanner Ph.D.                   The Scripps Research Institute
Assistant Professor			Department of Molecular Biology
					  10550 North Torrey Pines Road
Tel. (858) 784-2341				     La Jolla, CA 92037
Fax. (858) 784-2860
sanner at scripps.edu                        http://www.scripps.edu/sanner